PCSX2 1.2.1, the latest version, is an open source PS2 emulator for Windows and Linux operating system. A lot of people have spent countless hours on playing many games on PlayStation 2.
There are hundreds of games that have been released for PlayStation 2 and not for PCs. And PCSX2 1.2.1 can be the best solution for you to play your favorite PlayStation 2 games on PC which were actually not made for PCs. The PCSX2 1.2.1 compatibility rates boast over 80% of all PlayStation 2 games as playable and offers an enjoyable experience for reasonably powerful PCs, but provides support for lower end PCs for those curious to ensuring their PS2 games working on their PC!
The PCSX2 emulator provides means of using PS2 controller to duplicate the Playstation 2 experience and gives you the ability to either run PS2 games straight from the disc or as a PS2 ISO image from your hard disk.
When you install this PS2 emulator for the first time, you need to configure it with your PC by modifying few settings like resolution, renderer, aspect ratio, etc. For further information, you can read this PCSX2 1.2.1 Configuration Guide. For using the PlayStation 2 emulator properly, you need to load PCSX2 BIOS and PCSX2 plugins. For BIOS file, you can extract the PS2 BIOS file for PCSX2 from your PlayStation 2 console or you can download PS2 BIOS from the download link in this page. The PCSX2 BIOS download archive included all BIOS and plugins so you don't need to browse and download those additional files separately.
PCSX2 1.2.1 Features
- PlayStation 2 Experience – PCSX2 1.2.1 provides the exactly similar PlayStation 2 experience on PC.
- Loads of PS2 Games – PCSX2 1.2.1 provides loads of playable PS2 games on PC.
- Game Speed Tweaking – With PCSX2 1.2.1, game speed can be increased or decreased by using Speedhacks.
- Unlimited Memory Cards – With PCSX2 1.2.1, you can save as countless memory cards as you like and you are no longer limited to the single physical cards like you have on the real device. For good news, you can have anything from 8MB to 64MB memory cards!
- Higher Definition Graphics – With PCSX2 1.2.1, you have the opportunity to play PS2 games in 1080p, or even 4K HD if you want to! The PCSX2 graphics plugin, GSDX, gives you the ability to simulate the real PlayStation 2 experience.
PCSX2 1.2.1 Latest UpdateYou can read this 'Release Notes' for the PCSX2 latest version.
PCSX2 1.2.1 System Requirements
|Operating Systems||Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1||Linux|
|Processor||Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2 GHz or faster|
Core i3 / i5 / i7 @ 2.8 GHz or faster
AMD Phenom II @ 3.2 GHz or faster
|Memory||2 GB of RAM||1 GB of RAM|
|Graphic Card||NVIDIA Geforce 8800GT or better|
|HDD||30 MB of available hard disk space|
PCSX2 1.2.1 Details
|Download||PCSX2 1.2.1 r5875|
|File size||14 MB|
The Point : Overall, PCSX2 might be the best PS2 emulator for all those gamers who want to play PS2 games on PC. Plus, this PlayStation 2 emulator provides the exactly similar PlayStation 2 experience on PCs.
Note : If you want to download the older version, we've added older version of PCSX2 Full BIOS + Plugins download link. And if you're looking for PS1 emulator for your PC, please go to ePSXe (PS1 Emulator) Download Full BIOS + Plugins.